BRAIN-BASED INTRINSIC LEADERSHIP TRAINING | 4-DAY INTENSIVE
Foster cohesion, enable collaboration and create new possibilities through how you lead.
Apply intrinsic motivation to develop your capability as a leader.
RESILIENCE & AGILITY
Lead with resilience to adapt, adopt and aspire when under pressure.
SOLUTION FOCUSED LEADERSHIP
Meet change and challenge with a focus on solutions not drama.
As science has long established, the difference between average and outstanding leadership comes down to who you are and how you operate …
Intrinsic Leadership is brain-based training that develops the internal ‘operating system’ of outstanding leadership – mindset, drivers, strengths and behaviours – by introducing skills, tools and strategies to grow the confidence and capability needed to meet change and challenge, lead people and create new possibilities.
153 people have done this training, with the vast majority moving on to complete other trainings within the portfolio.
18% of participants recommend this training to others, with the other 82% strongly recommending it.
14-17 May 2019, Wellington – Registration Open
This training is limited to twelve places only to maximise the quality of training experience for all participants.
OR, explore running this training within your organisation exclusively for your people.
“We commissioned a fusion of David’s trainings to run in-house for 43 Managers. The feedback and has been exceptional and the results immediate.”
PMO Manager, Transpower
Brain-Based Content. Practical Tools. Real World Ready.
GOAL: Foster cohesion, enable collaboration and create new possibilities with an adaptive style of leadership.
Forty-years of research defines what separates average from outstanding leadership; learn how to apply this knowledge to everyday leadership.
Define benchmarks for your own leadership, model best practice to others and inspire people through your actions.
Influence to Enable
From neuroscience, apply five key principles that enables people to operate at their best.
Learn how and when to adapt your leadership style to effectively navigate a range different scenarios.
“If you want to develop leadership, develop who you are a human being” – CEO
GOAL: Power your development as a leader with intrinsic motivation values unique to you.
Values & Drivers
See how your core values drive decision making, relationships and cohesion – use with greater intention.
Know your intrinsic motivators; bolster autonomy, mastery and purpose; feel more connected and driven.
From an evidence base, identify your strengths and apply them to meet change and challenge.
Map your skills, knowledge and experience for greater leverage and development.
Apply specific self-coaching questions to identify a development pathway that’s based on intrinsic motivation.
Resilience & Agility
GOAL: Lead with resilience to adapt, adopt and aspire when facing change and challenge.
Apply strategies to stay calm under pressure, think clearly to access a fuller range of options.
Develop a personal practice that strengthens your parasympathetic nervous system, for quicker recovery from stress-load.
Gear your mind to bounce-back from set-backs, and be a circuit breaker on bigger issues.
Avoid Caged Thinking
Recognise caged thinking and brain-bias, remove mental limitations and nurture a growth mind-set.
From sports psychology, use the instant pre-play strategy to create positive expectation.
Learn six Iron Shirt exercises adopted by Kung Fu for greater mental and physical strength.
Create internal congruence that aligns your mind to the outcomes you strive for as a leader.
42% of participants say this is one of the best trainings they've ever done. The other 58% rate it as THE BEST training they've ever done.
4. Solution Focused Leadership
Meet change and challenge with a focus on solutions not drama.
Five-Step Solution Tool
Take yourself and others through a five-step solution tool to develop new thinking and break problem-lock.
Use reframing questions to help people develop a growth mindset and avoid fixed and limited thinking.
Solution Focused Questioning
Ask questions that have people see possibilities and not problems, developing their capability for lateral thinking along the way.
Sensory Goal Setting
Using the brain’s sensory system, turn problems into specific goals, remove resistances and take immediate action.
Avoid strategies that disable and patronise people, feedback instead with an understanding of how the brain works and what enables people to improve.
Leave this training with greater command over your internal operating system and lead people toward new possibilities.
“One of the BEST trainings I’ve ever done”
How previous participants rate the Leadership Intelligence training.
“I would recommend this training to others”
18% Agree. 82% “Strongly Recommend”
VALUABLE & ENGAGING
“The training has been valuable & engaging”
79% “Strongly Agree”
READY & EXCITED TO APPLY
“I’m ready to apply the practical tools & skills”
82% “Ready & Excited”
BEST EVER TRAINING I'VE DONE
“One of the best trainings I’ve ever been on”
58% “The BEST ever!”
What people who’ve done this training say.
Recognising the leadership role that today’s Project Managers have, we commissioned a fusion of David's trainings to run in-house for 43 Managers. The feedback and has been exceptional and the results immediate.Christian Carter
David has worked very closely with my team and individuals, including myself. He has provided us with the tools, mindset and drive to succeed, both as individuals and as a team. He is well respected and trusted across the team, delivering outstanding results time after time!!Chanelle Becker
Blow your sox off – Another great course and positive experience again… Lots of practical, useable, understandable tools that you can take away and use. Excellent content and delivery. Excellent, empowering, excellent tools, grow your leadership skills in a practical and energetic way. Thanks Sav – another great course and positive experience again.Prescott Jones
EXPECT A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE.
We understand how the brain learns, and so we structure our trainings to ensure quality. This means the approach taken is more comprehensive and designed for life-long learning as opposed to 'tick-box-leadership-training'.
No Half Haircuts
Squeezing our bigger trainings into half-the-time, is a little like giving someone half a haircut. We just wouldn't do it! The brain is complex, sustainable results require a comprehensive approach that understands how the brain wires new information.
No Broad Brush
Broad brush leadership trainings attempt cover too many themes and lack depth, meaning the application gets lost. Our trainings focus on specific leadership themes, so we can deep-dive into skills, methodology and robust application.
No One Gets Lost
Our open trainings have a maximum of twelve people on them, so no one gets 'lost in the crowd' and everyone gets the space to deepen their learning, have their needs met and engage fully in the training.
INVESTMENT | $2,950+gst.
- Full Four Day Training
- Post Training Resources
- Fully Catered
- 200+ Page Workbook
- Management Feedback Loop
- Skills-Check List
- Embedding Strategies
- Completion Certificate
- Take-away Tool Templates
DISCOUNTS: 5% Early-bird discount when registered and paid two months in advance, 15% multiple person discount for three of or more people attending the same training from the same business, 25% discount when commissioning the course internally for a group of ten to twelve participants. Ask for more details.
Is this training the right one for me?
This is one of a few trainings I run, so do look at the others to make sure you select the right one for you. For Leadership Intelligence, do this training if you want to develop your own internal capability as a leader. Put differently, do this training if you want to develop greater confidence and determination, increase mental strength and stretch your own personal leadership.
What's the value for my employer?
Previous participants advocate this training based on both personal value and workplace value. In a nutshell, the greater your capability as a leader, the greater value you can add back at work. Specifically, participants report greater confidence through times of change, more resilience when things get hard and an improved ability to develop soltuons both independantly and collaboratively.
Will I find this training a challenge?
Why four days?
How is the training structured?
1: Science base – You’ll hear the science behind each part of the content, not so much to feel lectured and academically drowned, but just enough to add to your insights and relate what you hear to your real life experience.
2. Form – As a leadership specialist, my training also includes Neuro Linguistics and brain-based training methodology. Broken down, it means I train according to how the brain learns … each part of the content is presented in terms of why it’s important, what the tool (or model or skill) is, how to apply it and how versitile it is. There’s a method here that makes it simple and accessible for you to have a comprehensive understanding of how a tool works and how to apply it.
3. Practical – Learn by doing. On my trainings you’ll be busy; I aim to minimise the ‘sit and listen’ parts and maximise ‘go do’ parts.
4. Layered training – This means that each part of the training connects to and builds on previous parts.
5. Meta training – In short, I model what I train as I’m training it … maximum sensory congruence!
What’s on your mind?
Phone 00 64 (0) 211 336 334 or send a message using this form.
Insights for your inbox
Sign-up for a free series of leadership posts and get a free goal setting tool plus links to training resources!
Follow on social media